- AMC released a new teaser for the return of “TWD” next year ahead of Sunday’s part 1 finale.
- The Alexandrians are heading to the Commonwealth to join Ezekiel, Princess, Yumiko, and Eugene.
- “The Walking Dead” will return to TV on February 20, 2022 and premiere a week earlier on AMC+.
Carol and Daryl are heading to the Commonwealth next year!
Ahead of Sunday’s airing of “The Walking Dead” season 11 part 1 finale, AMC announced part 2 of the final season will premiere February 20, 2022 at 9 p.m with a teaser for the next eight episodes.
The winter premiere will be available to stream a week early on AMC+, as each of part 1’s episodes have been.
Warning: If you haven’t yet watched the part 1 finale (currently streaming on AMC+) and are holding out to watch it on TV this Sunday, I don’t recommend watching the trailer below, as it spoils a few of the cliffhangers from the finale.
Here’s the part 2 synopsis from AMC:
“This February, ‘The Walking Dead’ returns with many of our heroes fighting imminent hellfire
under Reaper attack; while others battle Mother Nature’s torrential wrath in Alexandria. For all,
their world is literally crashing down around them. Meanwhile, life in the Commonwealth is not
as idyllic as it seems. For some, hope will be renewed. Others will be pushed past the point of
no return. One truth holds tight: Lives hang in the balance with each decision drastically
changing their future, their chances of survival, and the state of each community.”
Releasing a new ‘The Walking Dead’ trailer for part 2 before the part 1 finale airs on TV seems to defeat the purpose of the finale. The trailer diminishes the value of a few cliffhangers on Sunday’s upcoming episode, which I’ll vaguely address below since AMC has asked journalists not to discuss season 11, episode 8 details until it airs on TV.
With that in mind, here are a few big things we noticed in the new teaser for part 2:
- Daryl, Maggie, Negan, and Father Gabriel seem to escape the Reaper raid on Sunday’s upcoming part 1 finale as they all appear safe. Well, except Negan’s face. That does not look OK.
- Judith appears to be just fine. Gracie’s nowhere in sight, making us a bit concerned for her safety and Aaron’s mental state, which has been deteriorating.
- Dog seems to choose Daryl over Leah and returns back to Alexandria with him.
- Pamela Milton, the leader of the Commonwealth, will be introduced in this second batch of episodes (we knew this already, though).
This Sunday’s part 1 finale, currently streaming on AMC+, shows the Reapers defending Maggie’s home of Meridian from a walker herd. The Alexandrians defend their home from an impending torrential downpour.
AMC also announced that the entire next batch of eight episodes of “TWD” will continue to be available a week in advance on AMC+ before they air on television.
You can follow along with our ongoing “TWD” coverage here.